Sunday, November 8, 2015

5 Common Elements of an Absolutely Stunning Photographic Masterpiece (Works every time)

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I would passionately argue that the best part of portrait photography is all the awful shots one captures. They're just hilarious. The gorgeous post-editing pieces give a good feeling too, but the unflattering pictures are something else. The following are the factors that lead to such beauties. I'd advise taking a moment to prepare yourself before proceeding.

5) Blinking
Sometimes gross (BEAUTIFUL) pictures just emerge when your model is posing and they blink. It's unavoidable and there are at least three in each film. The drooped lids evoke at least twenty seconds of laughter minimum when I find them. My favorite ones are pictures where the subject just looks annoyed.

Examples (click to enlarge):
















4) Taking the picture before your subject is ready
The result is something that could of been great but just wasn't quite there yet.






3) Photographing your model while they're talking
Humans generally just don't look their best mid-speech. Speaking involves varied mouth, eye, and eyebrow movements that just aren't meant to be captured.











2) Shooting while your model is executing normal human functions
Actions like adjusting hair, scratching an itch, coughing, yawning, etc. are bound to happen sometime. It's best to photograph them, as they do not last long. No, they don't make good art, but they make hilarious pictures. Photograph them for your own enjoyment. Just do it.













1) ACTION SHOTS
Action shots are my favorite thing to photograph. They're a pain in the arse to adjust your settings for, but dang, they produce some of the BEST pictures. Seriously, these are hilarious. Not only does your model defy gravity, but their face is often too good. I can't even. 
















Bonus short story! (Goes with #5)
I was editing a picture of my friend earlier today and thought it was super cute. Initially, it just looks like an adorable shot of a lovely girl happily spinning with nature all around her. The photo gave me similar vibes an Monet's Woman with a Parasol. Midway through editing, I noticed her face and was filled with dread. I mean seriously, look at this:








I'm done.





No comments:

Post a Comment