Sunday, September 20, 2015

Most Beautiful Moment in Life (Mariah)




"I danced with professional ballet dancers and it was just so beautiful. "

At 9:16 PM, September 20th, in the comforting embrace of a toasty bonfire, I asked my close friend, Mariah, what her most beautiful moment in life has been, thus far. Mariah and I go to the same church and dance studio. She's danced since she could remember, and continues to excel. Her passion for performance can be seen when she's on stage, shining the brightest in the biggest of groups.

"So, what's you most beautiful memory?" I asked.

Mariah took a deep breath, eyes looking up, searching her brain for the right scene before reestablishing eye contact. Her hazel eyes has a definite glimmer.

"So, I guess it would be when I was eight. I auditioned for the Russian Moscow ballet, which was a pretty big deal. They toured the country and they needed kids for their Nutcracker production. So, I auditioned and they didn't call anybody....well, I mean, they didn't call me! (She chuckles.) They called everybody else, until they got to the last role, which was the biggest for my age age group, and me and my friend got it. I mean, we weren't friends then, but we became friends later. Ah, sorry! (We both laugh.) And then, doing it, I danced with professional ballet dancers and it was just so beautiful. I was a Chinese doll, really cool. It was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever done, therefore, my most beautiful moment."

"What about it did you love most?"

"Everything, haha. So what did I love most?"

"Yeah, like in sensory terms, what was the most memorable part of it?"

"Probably when I was onstage. They had, you know, those dragon things with the people in them. So there was people in there going around and I looked back (it was in the choreography,) and then I just see this dragon. I was so amazed by it. Then the dancers in the middle were doing all this crazy dancing stuff. I thought, 'I want to look like that when I'm their age.'"

"So what was the music like at that moment?"

"Um, it was pretty fast. I don't really remember, but I can definitely still do the dance though."

"Where did you perform this?"

"At the Paramount before the flood. It was the last performance before the flood."

"Wow."




No comments:

Post a Comment