Sunday, September 27, 2015

Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Vincie

Vincie does color guard with me. While on a short break at a football game, I approached her to ask the following question.

 "What was your most beautiful moment?"

She answered, "When I do things out of my comfort zone! That's when I feel the most exhilarated in life."

"Is there a specific event that comes to mind?"

"Um, when I climbed the Great Wall of China to the very very top. I was so sweaty and it was like the best feeling ever."

"Care to elaborate?"

"I climbed until the eighth or ninth tower and it look literally half a day. I was enjoying the scenery and kept asking myself "When am I ever going to reach the top?!? (She actually yelled this part.) I eventually did it."

"How did you feel in the beginning?"

"I thought it was going to be the easiest thing ever because it's like climbing stairs, but, like, nooo!!! (animatedly yelling, again) it took five hours to get to the third tower!"

"What was it like halfway through?"

"I was like 'Can I please give up?' But then I was like 'Ohh, but I'm kind of halfway through, so I"m just gonna finish it."

"Did you ever just want to nonchalantly jump off of it in defeat?" I asked, jokingly, of course.

"Um, yeah! I want to jump off of it since the first tower! I didn't think I would ever make it to the top, but I thought 'Since all these American people can do it, I can do it too!" she was shrieking near the end of that statement. We were both laughing for a few moments afterward.

"Okay, so what was the view like from the top?"

"You could see mountains and scenery for many, many miles. You could see highways and modern features too. It was great."

2 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring! It's important to never give up. Who will you interview next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very inspiring! It's important to never give up. Who will you interview next?

    ReplyDelete